HDFC Bank Aadhaar Card Link process, How to link Aadhaar Card to HDFC Bank Account: Check Step by Step guide for linking Aadhaar Card to your HDFC Account Number. Check out our exclusive guide for Aadhaar Card Seeding with your HDFC Account Number. Information on Linking Aadhaar to your Bank account…
- As per the amendment in PMLA rules by the Government, all bank accounts should be linked with Aadhaar by 31st Dec; failing which the accounts will become inoperative till the time the Aadhaar number is submitted and linked to the accounts.
- Click here to read Government Notification in detail.
- Click here for RBI Clarification on Mandate of Aadhaar.
- Step 1: Get your Aadhaar number, PAN number, Bank Customer ID, and Bank Account number.
- Step 2: Go to ‘Quick Links’ and select ‘Aadhaar Linkage Form’
- Step 3: Update all the necessary details and click on ‘Verify your Mobile No.’
- Step 4: You will receive an SMS with OTP.
- Step 5: Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’
You can send an SMS from your registered mobile number to 5676712. Send- AS space <Aadhaar No> space <Cutomer ID> space <Account Nos>
On completion of transaction:
- Step 1: ATM screen prompts ‘Link Aadhaar to your bank account’
- Step 2: Select ‘Yes’ and enter your valid Aadhaar number
- Step 1: Login to NetBanking. Select the ‘Request’ section under Accounts option and click on ‘View / Update Aadhaar Number’
- Step 2: Select the Account to which you would like to link your Aadhaar number. Re-enter your Aadhaar number and click on ‘Update’.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Confirm’ after checking all your updated details.
Login to NetBanking
- Step 1: Login to MobileBanking App. Select the ‘Request’ section under Accounts option and tap on ‘View / Update Aadhaar Number’.
- Step 2: Select the Account to which you would like to link your Aadhaar number
- Step 3: Re-enter your Aadhaar number, tap on ‘Update’ and then click on ‘Confirm’ to submit the details.
- Login to NetBanking –> Select ‘Accounts’ –> Select ‘Requests’ –> Click ‘View / Update Aadhaar Number’
- Login to NetBanking –> ‘Update Contact Details’ –> Aadhaar No
- Login to MobileBanking –> Select ‘Accounts’ –> Select ‘Requests’ –> Click ‘View / Update Aadhaar Number’
For any other queries or to know the status of an existing application, please contact Phone Banking or write to us at [email protected]
Receipt of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) of LPG Subsidy directly into bank account.
Receive direct credit of other Government subsidies like welfare funds, pensions, scholarships, MNREGA wages etc. into your account.
Take advantage of easy and convenient Aadhaar enabled payment systems (AEPS) eg.
- a) BHIM – Aadhaar Pay.
- b) Aadhaar Based payment on biometric Micro ATM’s at BC’s.
- c) UPI payments through Aadhaar.
My Aadhaar number is already linked with some other bank, do I still have to link Aadhaar number with my HDFC Bank account?
- Yes, as per the new amendment in PMLA rules by the Government, all accounts should be linked with Aadhaar by Dec 31, 2017; failing which the accounts will become inoperative till the time the Aadhaar number is submitted in the said accounts. Request you to kindly update your Aadhaar number in all your Bank accounts.
- In case a family member is a joint holder in your account, you are requested to update their Aadhaar number in the said account.
I have applied for my Aadhaar number but have still not received the same.
- Every person who has applied for Aadhaar, is issued an Enrolment Acknowledgement Slip. Using the enrolment id and details mentioned in this acknowledgement slip, the person can download an e-Aadhaar from UIDAI website (website:https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/)
I do not have an Aadhaar Number.
- In case a customer does not have an Aadhaar number, they need to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center to apply for the same.
- Click here for Aadhaar Enrolment & Update Centres in banks & post offices
Do I need to update Aadhaar for Minor accounts?
- Yes, linking of Aadhaar is applicable for all accounts. The customer can do it through NetBanking/MobileBanking or by visiting his/hernearest branch
Is Aadhaar applicable to Non-residents?
- In case a customer is a non-resident, Aadhaar is not applicable/mandatory.
I am a foreign national working in India. Is it mandatory for me to update my Aadhaar number to my bank records?
- In case a customer is a foreign national / NRI / NRO / Expats, Aadhaar linking is not applicable.
Before commencing the process of linking your Aadhaar Card to your HDFC bank account, you will require few documents ready with you, including an original copy and photocopy of your Aadhaar Card, your HDFC passbook and the Aadhaar Card linking form that can be downloaded from the HDFC website or you may get that form form HDFC Branch.
In next bank you will require to fill information required in the form by entering the name and address of your branch, your HDFC account number, your name and address as printed on the Aadhaar Card, and your Aadhaar Number or aadhar UID number. Now Attach A photocopy of your Aadhaar Card with the form. After you have completed entering the necessary details, you will be required to visit to your bank branch to submit the application to a representative or official of the bank.
Now bank will verify your details and The bank will accept the original Aadhaar Card along with a photocopy and will then start the verification process, cross-checking the information you have provided with the information on the Aadhaar database. If the details match, the processing of your application will begin, and once that has been completed, you will receive a notification from the bank at your registered mobile number that your Aadhaar Card has been successfully linked to your HDFC account.